Seal Sanctuary Photography Tour
Want to maximise your wildlife photos? Join us at the Cornish Seal Sanctuary for a guided photography tour!
Lead by professional photographer, documentary filmmaker and marine biologist Dr Lawrence Eagling of Swimming Head Productions, and our onsite Education Team. Come and explore the Sanctuary after-hours, meeting all the resident animals on a private tour, while learning how to take fantastic wildlife photographs. Suitable for beginners and welcoming to all.
In the late afternoon light, as the golden hour begins, join us on a guided walk to try your hand or improve your eye at wildlife photography! The tour will include up-close encounters with our resident seals, sea lions and maybe even the secretive beavers. As we tour the Sanctuary, you will learn how to take fantastic wildlife photographs, with a focus on exposure, lighting and image composition. As a wildlife photographer and filmmaker, Lawrence has had his images displayed in galleries and films selected by film festivals all over the world. He will share the tricks of the trade, and our animals will offer plenty of opportunities to put new techniques into practice! This 3-hour tour is capped at 8 people to ensure a personal experience and lots of time for one-to-one tuition on your own camera system, ending with a Cornish pasty and a pint at our onsite café, and professional feedback on your images.
- Priority entry to the Cornish Seal Sanctuary at 5pm
- A private VIP tour of the Sanctuary with professional photographer and seal team member
- One-to-one photography tuition and feedback on images
- A pasty and a pint at our café
- Maximum of 8 guests per tour
The tour is £80 per person, and will be hosted on selected Saturdays through 2023.
Available dates include:
Saturday, 27th May 2023
Saturday, 24th June 2023
Saturday, 29th July 2023
Saturday, 12th August 2023
Saturday, 26th August 2023
Saturday, 9th September 2023
To book this experience, please call the Sanctuary on 01326 221 361.
This experience will take place after closing to maximise golden evening light, and to enjoy taking images of the animals as they relax after-hours. Due to the scale of the site and the needs of the animals, accessibility is naturally difficult so please give us a call to discuss any requirements. This tour is designed to help maximise photography on SLR and mirrorless camera systems, however if you enjoy using your compact camera or camera-phone to photograph wildlife, we would love to help develop your skills and offer improved opportunities to capture stunning close-up images.
Please bring sturdy footwear and your camera, and let us know on booking what camera system you are using so we can hone the course to your requirements.
More information about this experience:
- Guests must arrive at the Sanctuary for 4.45pm
- Children aged 16 or under must be accompanied by an adult
- If you have special dietary requirements please make sure we are aware of this when booking
- This activity must be booked at least one week in advance
- Please note, we need to fill at least four places to run the experience and we reserve the right to cancel if the minimum requirement has not been met.