We couldn’t do our work without you. Every year, we rescue seal pups in need of care from around the coastline. From wounds, to entanglement to malnourishment; there are lots of reasons why seal pups might need rescuing.
Seal pups cost on average £2000 to go through rehabilitation – and this doesn’t include those that require special care.
You can now support a seal pup from rehab to release, whilst being able to follow the pups journey through rehabilitation, receive updates on their progress and even choose their name!
Our new pup sponsorship programme allows you to support seal pups in need and follow a pups journey from rescue to release, giving you more chance to be involved than ever.
- The chance to name a pup
- Pupdates (including photos)
- The opportunity to attend the pups’ release
- One entry for up to four people to visit the pup
- A pup adoption pack
Pup sponsorship is £300. If you want to sponsor a pup or for more information, please give us a call on 01326 221361.
To reserve the opportunity to sponsor an upcoming rescued pup (pup season begins in September) - please email firstname.lastname@example.org to go onto our waiting list. You will then be able to name your pup when it has arrived at the Sanctuary!
Terms and Conditions
- The Cornish Seal Sanctuary reserves the right to veto a name. If you request a name that is inappropriate, you will be asked to select another one.
- Invitation to a release isn’t a guarantee unfortunately. Due to weather and sea conditions over the winter period, sometimes we are unable to give much time before a release takes place. We will always endeavour to give as much notice as possible, however sometimes this is out of our control. We will invite you to the release with as much time as possible; however this could be as late as the day before. Unfortunately, we will not be able to delay the release of any pup at any time or move it to another location; the pups’ health always comes first. We will film the release and send this over if you are unable to make it.
- When you choose your pups name, your pup will not be with us just yet. We will call you as soon as the pup has arrived with us and is stable.
- Pupdates will be emailed at intervals as and when they occur. Some pups can remain with us for many months and rehabilitation can be slow, so pupdates will vary!