Volunteering at the Cornish Seal Sanctuary
Are you looking for an opportunity to boost your CV, meet new people and learn new skills, all while helping support a well-known charity? Then volunteering at the Cornish Seal Sanctuary is the perfect thing for you!
We’re excited to expand our current volunteering programme and offer exciting new opportunities to volunteer with our Entertainment and Education department, and are looking for confident, dedicated people to step up to the challenge. This role is aimed at those that can volunteer on a regular day each week for an extended duration. Every day will be different, and duties will be varied. Whilst we endeavour to tailor volunteering roles to the interests and skills of the applicants were possible, examples of every-day volunteering tasks could include:
- Being based at one of our pools, educating our guests about the animals and answering their questions. We have many thousands of guests coming through our doors each year, and want every single one to learn something new while they’re with us!
- Supporting the ongoing research taking place at the Secret Creek beaver project, checking camera traps and monitoring the goings on in the enclosure, as well as supporting basic maintenance (such as willow planting)
- Supporting our team in hosting on-site events
- Providing off-site support to our team at beach cleans, outreach and educational events or visits
- Assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of the site and grounds, for example through weeding, cleaning the enclosure windows, or sweeping the pathways
These are just a few of the things we would like our volunteers to be involved with! Of course, there are lots of benefits for our volunteers too:
- Gaining knowledge and experience to boost your CV (and a reference too if needed!)
- A chance to meet like-minded people and make new friends, while supporting a great cause
- Access to our volunteer’s newsletter and calendar of volunteering opportunities
- Full training and all the kit you need to complete your role
- A uniform for the duration of your volunteering
- Free entry to the Sanctuary for yourself, and 20 free entry tickets for your friends and family for the duration of your placement
The ideal volunteer will have access to their own transport, and due to the nature of the role (potentially unsupervised or off-site), over the age of 18. Please note that as we are a charity, we will be unable to compensate any expenses incurred whilst volunteering with us.
Like the sound of volunteering but are worried you may not be able to complete some of the tasks? We endeavour to make any reasonable adjustments to provide volunteering roles to all individuals interested in volunteering with us, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply using this application form and send to email@example.com